Thursday, August 24, 2017

Perfume

Acrylic on Paper
12" x 19"


Our local garden club has a flower exhibition every July and this year invited local artists to
exhibit along with them.  The theme was Fashion so I created this one using whatever was blooming in my garden (not my strong point) and some perfume bottles I had always wanted to paint.  I should really call this one "L'Air du Temps" after the perfume.

There is a slight haze in the lower left corner as I photographed this already in it's frame with glass.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy using gouache and or/acrylics on paper and plan on using this more often.

Interestingly, when I previewed this post, I realized the rose is from the same yellow rose bush and that I had painted a few years ago and which is in my banner at the top of this blog.

No comments: