Saturday, August 09, 2014

The Sky on His Back

8" x 10" Collage

The quote is from Henry David Thoreau - "The Bluebird carries the sky on his back"  Do you think I could borrow this quote for my bluejay?  Different kinds of birds but still with the beautiful blue.
I am enjoying the series of birds but my next one might be a different subject.  I'm acquiring papers
and techniques that I'd like to apply to other images.  As with the others, I used hand painted papers and magazine clippings.

Time now to go back and take a look at my approach since the first one (the chickadee).  There are
elements about the simpler way I started them that I like but at the same time some subject matter simply needs to be handled with more intensity.  This bluejay with the black stripes for example.

Please email me with inquiries.  I will eventually place on Etsy but would be happy to answer any
questions you may have.  Not entirely sure whether I will mount this to a wood panel and still have
it frameable or use a mat and put it under glass.

No comments: